Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Materials With Halo

I been messing around with materials on Blender, and made these pictures I thought were pretty neat looking:











I was experimenting with the halo feature on the materials window to make this picture. I only had the default cube and camera position. I just increased the halo size, and added rings.







I actually made this picture with just one vertex! Again, I increased the halo size, and added lines.



I used the same vertex. I just decreased the halo size and made the star size to 4. That might make a nice "Star of Bethlehem" for a picture someday.

Let me know if any of you want a more "in depth" description of how I made these pictures. I'm not actually quite sure how I made them myself! Hopefully I can make some more interesting stuff soon.

7 comments:

Matt said...

Those look pretty cool! I like the second one. The last one does look like a good Star of Bethlehem. I made a Star of Bethlehem for my 2006 Christmas picture. I like your star better though.

Matt said...

In reply to your comment on my blog:
You've never tried burning ants with a magnifying glass!? You should try it someday. If you hold it just right you can make a little bright spot that can get very hot. Don't stick you finger under there. It can get hot enough to burn ants or catch dead grass on fire.

Bob and Cindy Cole said...

I would like a VERY detailed description on how to do this. I mean, explain it to me like I am a 2 year old.

Love,
Mom

Zhu Que Williams said...

Um, can I use this Pic for a card to a friend? Thank you.

Josh said...

nice job!! I was looking on google images for "Star of Bethlehem" and found yours! Great job!!

Josh

Red Cardigan said...

These are so beautiful--I used one of them to put up a Christmas message on my blog today. Thank you for sharing your God-given talents! Merry Christmas!

Amy said...

I was also looking on google for 'star of bethlehem' images-this one is awesome as!Keep living for God :) you have a talent boy!