Thursday, July 3, 2008

A Very Deep Apology

First, I would like to very sincerely apologise to everyone who used to look at my blog regularly. I haven't posted in about 3 or 4 months! Actually, I haven't been on the computer very much lately, because about a month ago, I joined Boy Scouts! That has kept me pretty busy. plus we had been preparing for a much needed vacation.

Anyway, I haven't been doing much with Blender lately, but I am working on a surprise. I'll let you know what it is when I'm finished.

BUT, there is one thing I have accomplished in this time that I will show you. I have found a place to get lots of royalty free tileable image textures. Remember about that software Wood Workshop that I downloaded? well, that company, Spiral Graphics, has another software called Genetica. It is a software similar to Wood Workshop, but it make a wide variety of image textures and it costs money. Anyway, the Spiral Graphics website has a huge gallery of royalty free tileable textures made in Genetica, that can be used as image textures in Blender. they have almost everything from terrain to liquid. all you have to do is find the category, find the image, click on it, then save the picture!

Here is the link: http://www.spiralgraphics.biz/packs/index.htm

Also, I've added more links on my blog. LamFam Media is a great blog with some great graphics. Be sure to take a look!

And, Isaiah 40:28-31 is the new blog by my friend Matthew. He has made some pretty neat stuff using Blender. Be sure to look at both of these blogs!

Let me know if I didn't make instructions very clear. I'll try to post again real soon!

-Joshua™

1 comment:

Matt said...

Oohh, nice link! I will definitely use this! Thanks!

Can't wait to see your surprise!

Have a great one,

Matt