Monday, March 29, 2010

A Better Mario

There was a lot of things I didn't like about the previous Mario I modeled. So I've made a much more detailed Mario over the past few months. This time, I wanted it to look just like the pictures I've seen, and even model things that you normally don't see (like his hair). Anyway, here's the picture!
There are only two things that I still need to do to him sometime. I should rig him up for animations, and I probably need to find better textures. I also rendered a 360° spin of him for you to see. Sorry about the poor video quality.





I've also been working on another form of Illustrated Verses I call: "Word of Truth Pictures". I'll show some of that after I finish working out some minor details.

Sorry I haven't posted in a very long time, but for a while I wasn't doing anything in Blender. Sometimes I find it hard to get an idea for a good project. I recently got an idea for another Illustrated Verse, so I'll probably start working on that next.


By the way, has anyone downloaded the latest version of Blender (2.5 Alpha 2)? I decided to wait until the final version comes out, since the current version is rather unstable. I may get to impatient and download an alpha version anyway!

I hope you all have a great day!

-Joshua™

3 comments:

Matt said...

Whoa! That looks very nice! Whatever you did with the lighting looks great!
Man, it's been a while since I've talked to you.. How are you doing?

Anonymous said...

Ha! You can tell you ripped it off the new super mario brothers wii game. Cant fool me!

Anonymous said...

No, he didn't "rip it off" I watched him make it.

Caleb